The SIMFDD35 Kit is a complete external 3.5" Floppy Disk drive case that you can build yourself and configure to your own specification.
These enclosures are very strong 2mm thick metal, with excellent heat dissipation (made of aluminium) and including top cover air vents.
Easy to build, as well as strong to protect your external drive. There is also plenty of space inside for extra hacks, components or mods.
Fully painted or anodised both inside and outside (helping to prevent unwanted internal conductivity).
Build your own external USB floppy disk drive emulator, or house an original 3.5" floppy disk drive.
- Includes screws for mounting and to hold case together
- Slit to allow data ribbon or power cable to leave the back of the enclosure. Casing can be drilled with metalwork drill-bit if customisation is needed.
- Choice of baseplates:
- With Front Panel for USB, display window, LEDs and button holes (perfect fit for Gotek or OpenFlops PCB form factor).
- No Front Panel (allows the user to fit a Gotek drive that is already in a plastic case, as well as many types of original 3.5" floppy drives, card readers or other peripherals).
- Available in two colours:
- Classic or Retro Computer beige/cream (painted)
- Black (anodized)
- Add a piezo speaker to install to your OpenFlops or Gotek PCB, giving emulated floppy disk drive noises
- OLED display module also available. (LCDs or OLEDs are best secured to the front panel baseplate with a strong epoxy glue, putty or fixing tape - Not Included.)
- Subject to stock! USB Floppy Emulator cable and power kits also available for retro computers including:
- Commodore Amiga
- Atari ST
- Amstrad CPC
- BBC Micro
- Dragon 32/64
- Enterprise 64/128
- Sam Coupe
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum
- Tatung Einstein
- and generic IBM compatible 3.5" floppy PC/DOS ribbon (computers that use a standard 34-pin external floppy connection)
Note: Due to our manufacturing process using shot blasting, followed by anodising/spray paint finish, there may be small marks or inperfections in the case finish.
We try to make all enclosures to the very highest quality but occasional minor cosmetic imperfections can be present.
SIMFDD35 Kit - External Floppy Disk Drive Enclosure (Metal Case for Gotek, OpenFlops PCB or original 3.5" Floppy Drive)
- Brand: Simulant
- Product Code: SIMFDD35
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £29.16